- December 27, 2017
Emails sent by marketers today have average open rates of 25% and clickthrough rates of 3%. These poor response rates can probably be attributed to the fact that the average number of promoted mails received by a consumer today stands at 121.
The only reason emails are still used for marketing is because of the high ROI (3800%) which is only due to the fact that it barely costs anything to send a mail.
The traffic for Retailers nowadays from Emails is low. Is this engagement channel absolutely lost?
No. We believe that there are multiple workarounds/tactics that can Retailers can employ to make their email marketing more effective
- Data science/AI:
- Segmentation/Personalisation technologies to send highly relevant mails to consumers. We don’t just mean first name and last name insertion here. Clickthrough rates improve by an average of 15% and conversions by 10% through this.
- Text messages
- Push notifications – The average clickthrough rate for retail is 12%. Personalisation can improve these rates too.
- Facebook Messenger Bots
- Create and post content that can be useful to users on social media to get interactions like Likes/Comments. This would contribute to brand marketing.
- Having offline loyalty programs compels direct visits
3. Dealing with Email providers:
Email providers like Google check every mail for spam based on multiple techniques. We’ve compiled ways here to work around these techniques:
- Personalisation – If mails are personalised for each user, mail servers wouldn’t recognise a mass blast being made to their users.
- Using a Transactional email provider over a Promotional one. Mails are less likely to be marked as spam this way.
- Avoid words like “Sale”, “Discount”, etc in the Subject line
- Intersperse promotional content within content marketing – This means there are lesser chances of being marked as spam
- Avoid too many images – Higher chances of mail being marked as spam
- Have customers subscribe to the brand’s Youtube channel which can then be mentioned in the mails. Google/Gmail would not block these mails as Youtube is their own property
4. Playing on consumer psychology:
- Transactional mails have 8X more opens and clicks. Showcasing promotional content over these mails itself provides a unique opportunity for user attention.
- Invent transactional mails/messages to catch user attention. An example would be a reminder email reminding the user that he has Rs200 in his wallet.
- Rather than pure promotional messages, mails could have highly engaging/interactive content – (A facials vendor can show the effect of their product on a person’s face by having them upload an image). This can be a way to make emails viral.
With an AI-first approach and strong expertise in AI frameworks, RecoSense is a one-stop partner for end-to-end Data Intelligence Solutions. Our industry-unique cognitive computing platform based on Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning frameworks offers Intelligent contextual interpretation of the Content & Users.
- Analytics (8)
- Artificial Intelligence (15)
- CDP (16)
- clickstream data analysis (1)
- content intelligence (7)
- contextual insights (2)
- cross-selling (5)
- Data Engineering (10)
- Finance (12)
- Marketing (17)
- Media (29)
- Natural Language Processing (4)
- NLP (4)
- Retail (60)
- Shopify (24)
- Sports (1)
- Technology (1)
- Upselling (4)
Netflix’s Key To Optimization : Automatic Previews through Publicly Available Meta-Data
Nov 26, 2021How AI Surfaces Personalized Newsletter
Nov 24, 2021
TagsAI AI personalization Analytics artificial intelligence big data boost sales Buyer Persona content discovery content personalization content recommendation cross-sell cross-selling customer data platform customer engagement customer experience customer journey customer journey mapping customer loyalty customer retention Customer Segmentation Data Analytics ecommerce ecommerce personalization Hyper Personalization machine learning magento extensions magento plugin marketing media omnichannel personalization ott ott trends personalisation in small eCommerce Personalization predictive analytics product discovery product recommendation product tags retention sentiment analysis shopping upsell upselling user engagement user experience
Get regular updates on data science, artificial intelligence, machine